Day 2 of WC and I’m loving this cast and crew! Finished the opening number today. Lots and lots of fun.
Get your tickets now because I hear they’re flying! December 6th-18th. Click here for tickets.
Now I have two Youtube vids for you today. The first is the Red Queen dance from Christopher Wheeldon’s production of Alice in Wonderland, commissioned by The Royal Ballet. Beyond clever and perfectly performed! (Thanks to Jen for sharing.)
After watching that video I continued to watch every video of the production on Youtube. One of the most unique parts of the production is that the Mad Hatter was a tap role. Partnering Principal, Steven McRae’s superb ballet technique with his incredible tap skills was just perfect for the role. Than I got watching the few vids of McRae tapping on Youtube and I’m thoroughly impressed. It’s not every day you see a ballet dancer of that caliber doing his pullbacks just as exquisitely as his fouettes.
I love good Youtube finds!
love and laducas,
Just got back from AZ where I spent the weekend with my sister, Ashlyn, and her lovely family. Gosh do I love my nieces and nephew.
Was there for their Trunk or Treat at church where we dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland!
Hope you’re having a fun and safe Halloween tonight!
Over on the right of this blog, under “Be Still My Heart” is a fantastic blog called “Her Quotes.” Wanted to share a few favorites of mine from her blog.
“It’s the only time I feel like me, she said, & everyone else just thinks it’s dress up.”
“Write what disturbs you, what you fear, what you have not been willing to speak about. Be willing to be split open.”
“There are only two kinds of people in this world. The realists and the dreamers. The realists know where they are going and the dreamers have already been there.”
“The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.”
–The White Rabbit, ‘Alice In Wonderland’
“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful – that will be my life.”
–E. D. W.
“Bad taste bothers me.”
“This was an industry that once thrived on exposure. Today I find that the most interesting people are hidden.”
“She remembered something a woman in Paris had told her once. A woman in her forties, much married, elegant, a little world-weary. ‘There is nothing easier in this world,’ this woman had claimed, ‘than getting a man to kiss you.’ ‘Oh really?’ Eva had said, ‘so how do you do that?’ ‘Just stand close to a man,’ the woman had said, ‘very close, as close as you can without touching – he will kiss you in one minute or two. It’s inevitable. For them it’s like an instinct – they can’t resist. Infallible.”
“I will love you if you don’t marry me. I will love you if you marry someone else, your co-star, perhaps, or Y., or even O., or anyone Z. through A., even R. Although sadly I believe it will be quite some time before two women can be allowed to marry and I will love you if you have a child, and I will love you if you have two children, or three children, or even more, although I personally think three is plenty, and I will love you if you never marry at all, and never have children, and spend your years wishing you had married me after all, and I must say that on late, cold nights I prefer this scenario out of all the scenarios I have mentioned. That, Beatrice, is how I will love you even as the world goes on its wicked way.”
–Lemony Snicket, ‘The Beatrice Letters’
“You say that you love rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your windows when wind blows. This is why I am afraid, you say that you love me too.”
Check out Her Quotes!
It’s been awhile since i’ve done one of these… so slip into Caitlin Cannon’s mind… (beware, its crazy!)
- i wish my back would stop hurting so that i can sit in one position and be comfortable. i hate fidgeting to be comfortable. and i hate having sharp pains shooting through the right side of my back.
- Natalie’s birthday is Monday!!!
- Music Man has finally pulled itself together (yah!)
- I’m looking forward to both the MM shows and Grease rehearsals tomorrow, however I’m not liking how little of a break we’re gonna get in between….
- Tim’s Alice was really good, but not as good as i was expecting. It felt too “Disney censored”. But it was a great movie from start to finish. It just felt like something was missing.
- “Dance Magic” and “The Ballerina Project” books are so pretty. Makes me REALLY want to do a photoshoot. Spring break?
- Planning the WOZ promo shoot is fun. Trying to pick a location.
- I see the stats on my blog everyday. i know a lot of you view my blog, but only a few people comment on posts : (
- I get butterflies when he kisses the back of my head.
- I should finish making my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days list. right now its only a list of 50!
- I can’t wait to wear all my Frenchie wigs in Grease! I know Kevin wants me in a different one every time i come on.
- Rockette auditions April 29th. Guess who’s pumped?!
- Kenzie was the one of the only person that tolerated my “what’s clicken chicken?” everyone else thinks its weird.
- Kelly Myernick likes my photos. Cool!
- SPRING BREAK+Kevin Cahoon= a very happy me
- You should come see Music Man. Here are the deets:
In the Oliver Theatre @ RAFA.
6th, 7th, 13th and 14th- 2pm. 6th and 13th- 7:30pm.
For my 100th album on Facebook I created a photo for different stories and fairytales but dance”ified” them. One of my favorites in the album is Devin as Alice with Oliver as Dinah. More from the album to come!
At the Alice in Wonderland Statue in Central Park